I was in the van travelling from Halong Bay back to Hoan Kiem district when we passed by this beautiful opera house and I quickly grab my camera and snap it.
The Hanoi Opera House is an opera house in central Hanoi, Vietnam. It was erected by the French colonial administration between 1901 and 1911.
It was modeled on the Palais Garnier, the older of Paris's two opera houses, and is considered to be one of the architectural landmarks of Hanoi. After the departure of the French the opera house became the scene for several political events as well as the scene of street fighting during the fight for Hanoi.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Eugene Fu (eugenefu) (524)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2012-05-10
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Pentax K-r, Pentax SMC DAL f/3.5 - 5.6 18-55mm AL
- Exposure: f/11, 1/180 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2012-10-07 19:09