Between the road from Dong Van to Meo Vac, Northern Highlands, North of Vietnam - 2009.
I made this trip on motorbike in 2009 from Vu Linh area to Meo Vac in the North of Vietnam, close to the Chinese border. Almost of population living there are Ethnic's Minorities ones, living in hard conditions in the mountains.
This man is from the H'mong ethnic minority, he was working alone his cultivation when I disturbed him.
Critiques | Translate
prasun984 (5590) 2011-03-04 8:21
nice portrait...I like his expression...very gd colour contrast...bt need more sharpness...
federico (2169) 2011-03-04 9:12
hi raphael , nice portrait, a man in his enviroment, very well framed and composed
BennyV (13538) 2011-03-05 6:03
Great sharpness and good saturation of red.
Just the right amount of light on the face.
Interesting roadside portrait!
pierrejp (111) 2011-09-19 18:05
Une bonne idee de prendre les hommes hmongs en photo. On a tendance a photographier les femmes avec leurs costumes.
- Copyright: Raphael Nguyen (raphaelhcm) (792)
- Genre: People
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2009-10-28
- Categories: Daily Life
- Camera: Canon EOS 5 D, Canon EF 24-70 f/2.8L USM
- Exposure: f/4.5, 1/200 seconds
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Portraits of Vietnamese people, Manamo's 2011 daily faves [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2011-03-03 17:25