I was floating in a small boat behind this woman when I took this picture while touring the Mekong delta region of southern Vietnam. It was overcast and rain would be falling soon.
People transporting all kinds of produce is a common sight on the Mekong. Another common sight in Vietnam is seeing women working very hard and doing the same jobs as men. Division of labor seems a foreign notion there.
Sharpened, levels adjusted, no saturation added.
Critiques | Translate
ngythanh (8522) 2006-07-14 6:04
You have made a very good capture with interesting composition at this angle. However, the colors are not real, so I tried a version in sephia... to see how it looks closer to the like in Mekong Delta.
Have a good day!
douga (0) 2006-08-11 1:55
Interesting POV since you are shooting her behind but it seems to work!
eyuksel (706) 2006-08-11 3:24
you captured a strong photo with beautiful color and compo!
details and colors are amazing I think!
I didn't understand why the point isn't allowed!
it deserves much care!
- Copyright: Douglas Arrasin (darrasin) (2860)
- Genre: People
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2006-07-01
- Categories: Daily Life
- Camera: Canon Elan 7/NE, Canon 24-70 F2.8 L, Kodak Elitechrome200
- Photo Version: Original Version, Workshop
- Theme(s): Daily-life of Vietnam, MEKONG — The River of our Planet, Working Lady [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2006-07-14 3:37