Travels on the Silk Road:
The heart of Khiva oasis near the Amu Darya was Ichan Kala with the Khans residence inside the city walls. This residence, Konya Ark, was rather a 18th c. fortress and included an army, the treasury, the administration and living quarters. Here I present a dayvan of the harem or rather of the Khan's household. Since the climate is warm and dry, dayvans are a comfortable housing solution.
The pillars are made from local poplars, carved in Bukhara style.
The slide had to be scanned, the pic sharpened and saturation increased by 12%.
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
- Copyright: Dietrich Meyer (meyerd) (1630)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2004-09-05
- Categories: Castles
- Camera: Minolta Dynax 404si, Kodak elite 200
- Map: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): The Silkroad on Bicycle [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2007-04-09 6:41