Bibi Khanoum (Timur's wife) mosque and shrine lies just near Siob bazar. Another place to see early in the morning in Samarqand.
This monumental mosque, built in 1399-1405, and already severely degraded in the following centuries, fell into ruins during the 1897 earthquake. Its reconstruction began in 1974.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Monique Gg (MG_foto) (104)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2012-07-00
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Leica V Lux1, Leica Vario Elmarit 7.4-88 mm f/2.8-3.7, 55mm Hoya Circular Polarizer
- Exposure: f/5.6, 1/200 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2013-10-31 6:07