A Muay Thai Kickboxer goes in for the finishing in this bout in Phuket, Thailand. Although some people may feel strongly against such sports and shocked at the sight of the young participants (there are younger fighters), what people must appreciate is that this is the National Sport and very much a part of Thai life.
With that being said, I cannot but help the photojournalistic side of me that goes for impact. Although not a great shot, I could not help but to post the aftermath of this punch as a workshop to this image. Check it out!
I hope you like the shot(s)!
Critiques | Translate
jga (1062) 2009-10-16 7:11
Nice photo, good timing and sharpness. I just attended a Thai boxing match in Bangkok and I have understood that it's quite difficult to catch such a moment with such a quality.
The people in the background add to the quality of the photo. tfs. Julien
Dyerco (10185) 2009-10-18 18:32
A good action shot that has movement and interaction between the two of them in that they are both looking at one another.
- Copyright: Dan Walsh (danielswalsh) (13593)
- Genre: People
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2009-10-02
- Categories: Daily Life
- Camera: Canon EOS 5D Mk II, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 L USM, @ ISO 1250
- Exposure: f/2.8, 1/100 seconds
- Photo Version: Original Version, Workshop
- Theme(s): Boxing/ Kickboxing, Muay Thai [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2009-10-16 5:52