Side trip to Losama Bay after our Mission Trip at Muaklek.
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
Riz (0) 2004-03-01 18:57
First and foremost Welcome to Trekearth --this is a nice shot beautiful color the water Charles
Deus (926) 2004-03-01 19:05
Wow wow wow...
More then the nice 1/3 height composition, the movement lent from the rocking boats, the naturaly nice saturation of the colours or the inspiring calmness of your prespective, this photo does give me a sense of "wish I was there"!
Welcome to TE, great entry!
Joffre (527) 2004-03-01 19:21
Welcome to TE, the waters around Krabi are indeed very beautiful... well shot!
whereami (1477) 2004-03-01 19:58
Really sensational colour in this shot - so eye-catching. Good composition too. I really like how 'tall' this photo is. Definitely one to be proud of.
Josh69 (1431) 2004-03-02 1:41
Very nice, I think I need to go on holiday there! The colour in this shot is very nice. Welcome to Trekearth too.
My comments are: there seems to be a general lack of sharpness throughout the photo, which could be caused by any of the following 3 things:
- not enough sharpening after you risized it
- the picture was taken at f/2.8 with the lens wide open, when it may not be at it's sharpest (although as yours is a pro-quality Canon L series lens, it should still be very, very sharp)
- you have focused on the water a few metres in front of you, and because of the wide aperture, both the water immediately infront of you and the stuff off in the distance is slightly out of focus. I think you could have shot this at f/4 or f/5.6 and it would have come out better... although given that it looks like the middle of the day, I would have thought that there would be more light than your f2.8 1/750s exposure would suggest anyway.
Anyway I think most of the lack of sharpness could be fixed with more post processing.
jhonny_blue (4956) 2004-03-02 10:06
Beautiful picture Charles !
The colours are great !
sallyyeung (83) 2004-03-02 20:50
Wow,look at the colours of the water.
What a great shot. It made me feels like I am there already.
hispic (9619) 2004-05-03 23:06
Wow beautiful color of the sea, Charles! Like emerald green jewelries. I'm adding this into my "Tropical Islands" theme. I really like your beautiful photo!
jrenier (762) 2004-07-30 16:21
Good picture, lovely place.
spyros60 (148) 2004-10-17 14:50
Lovely colorful photo. I like that you have spot at the transparent water. I enjoy this photo a lot, well done!!
- Copyright: Charles Ed II Aguilar (antcreations) (251)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2004-01-07
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Canon D60, Canon EF 16-35mm 2.8, IBM Microdrive 1Gb, B+W UV
- Exposure: f/2.8, 1/750 seconds
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Tropical Islands [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2004-03-01 18:52