One in a series of pictures taken in the grounds of Bhubing Palace.
Bhubing Palace also known as Phu Phing Palace is a Thai Royal Palace mainly used by the Royal Family in the early months of the year. It lies toward the top of Doi Suthep mountain not far from the magnificent temple of Wat Doi Suthep, and some 20 kilometres from the city of Chiang Mai.
Its position high up on Doi Suthep means that it benefits from a temperate climate so that it can accommodate many plants and flowers that are unusual to see in most parts of Thailand. The public may visit the extensive grounds for a small charge when the Royal Family are not in residence. The palace itself is not open to the public.
It is pleasant and peaceful place to visit after the crowds to be found at Wat Doi Suthep.
Critiques | Translate
carlo62 (34490) 2013-05-29 0:49
bello questo giardino, ben tenuto e con delle belle strisce colorate dai fiori.
Ottima qualità e bei colori.
ChrisJ (100130) 2013-05-29 3:12
I like the repetition of the horizontal bands of various colours and hues. Good sharpness and density with natural looking colour and excellent saturation. The strip of white flowers is particularly eyecatching. I can see some banana trees in the distance. Tfs!
williewhistler (14697) 2013-05-29 3:59
Hello Stephen,listening to reports from the Chelsea Flower Show it seems that walls of flowers are fashionable here in the UK,it appears that this area already leads the way,a lovely blaze of colours.
Fis2 (86801) 2013-05-29 4:12
I have a garden and I love flowers.
My flowers always eliminate all :(
Beautiful garden, beautiful flowers.
Good frame and colors.
Have a nice afternoon
Nicou (124229) 2013-05-29 5:10
quelles bandes de fleurs sueprb eiamge et cpatage mervielleuse vue tout en couleur.
Bravo et amitié
timecapturer (49288) 2013-05-29 6:18
now why does my back garden not look like this? I suppose because this needs constant attention and loving care. It certainly looks beautiful, colourful and so lush. Excellent capture.
Regards - Brian.
tedesse (25133) 2013-05-29 14:41
At our February frost and snow, and the here beautiful blooming rebates. Good POV and composition, great colors and light, excellent sharpness.
Urs (14082) 2013-05-29 16:44
Flowers in all colour tones and sizes, that is what the palace of the King's mother is all about. Indeed it is a peaceful place, but the view, which should be splendid over the rolling green mountains and hills often is overshadowed by thick haze. Good photo job, congrats.
Many are afraid to take pictures of strangers, what has become, so I was told, in Europe a bit tricky. That is my way to shot my candid street photographs:
1. Wear a dark shirt, the best is black. That will help that you blend into the other passer-bys. Others most of the time will overlook you
2. Set your camera before you take any shot in advance. Never in front of your object. Check the light with your eyes, to know if a fill in flash will improve the shot, actually it does most of the time. A good wide angle will do the trick, I use a Leica 14-50mm with my Olympus E3. Use Aperture priority, set your external flash to the same mode, and set the approximate distance. If not sure about the setting, do some test shots of a similar lit scene. Keep the camera with mounted flash in one hand and walk if possible with the sun in your back.
3. When you see a good scene, go as near as possible, lift your camera to eye, frame quickly and shot. Keep the camera always low, most of the time nobody will even know that you just shot their picture. Do not stand in front of them longer then a few seconds, keep on walking away.
That are the simple rules how I do candid action street photography since decades. I hope my advise will help
Graal (98295) 2013-05-29 23:35
beautiful garden and lines of flowers. Good captured place and presentation here. Well done photo.
Have a nice day.
Silvio1953 (124653) 2013-05-30 6:32
Ciao Stephen, lovely composition with a lot of flowers, wonderful natural colors and splendid light, very well done, my friend, ciao Silvio
Cricri (108059) 2013-05-30 10:41
Une lumière qui met en valeur les couleurs des fleurs, si bien composer, un plaisir pour les yeux, belle présentation
amaryllis (35209) 2013-06-02 10:41
Un très beau mur bien cadré et réalisé avec toutes ces fleurs
- Copyright: Stephen Nunney (snunney) (85659)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-02-00
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Canon EOS 1100D, Canon 18-55mm EF-S f/3.5-5.6 IS
- Exposure: f/22, 1/40 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2013-05-29 0:25