This is a traditional mask worn, i think, to drive out evil spririts. This was taken on Full Moon Poya Day or Perahera in Colombo.
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
Vagabond (5848) 2006-02-15 10:02
Good picture with excellent capture of details and colours. Congratulations ..
adam_k (600) 2006-07-06 11:56
The mask is interesting and I always like to learn something new - like in this case...
But regarding the composition and the picture itself I would say: not really striking :)
- Copyright: Stephen Wilson (stewils) (481)
- Genre: People
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2003-02-16
- Categories: Festivals
- Camera: Olympus C-200Z
- Exposure: f/3.8, 1/50 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Sri Lanka, Esala Perahera [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2006-02-15 9:40