This is a snapshot of Fersco painting at a cave of Sigiriya Rock. The name of the rock is originated from Simha Giri - Means Lion's Rock. King Kashyapa built a Rock Palace over Sigiriya for safety. He invaded and captured Sigiriya from Buddist monks. King Kashyapa had 500 women serving him for his lust. He had painted all these women as shown in this photo and adored their beauty.
Critiques | Translate
John_F_Kennedy (42048) 2009-06-29 5:54
A nice reminder for me. I was in Sri Lanka in 1999.
Angshu (55035) 2009-07-06 0:54
These frescoes are beautiful Karthik. The woman on the right looks quite similar to the one in Ajanta. Thanks for your note as well!
- Copyright: Karthik Sunil (karthikcs) (271)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2008-10-09
- Categories: Artwork
- Camera: Nikon D40 SLR, Nikon 18-55 f 3.5/5.6
- Exposure: f/4.8, 1/50 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: Tour of Srilanka
- Date Submitted: 2009-06-29 2:07