I caught this mother and child doing some funny stuffs at Singapore Zoo. I added this theme to Mother and Child as well because this is truely a picture of a mother giving care to his child, regardless of the tingle of humor overall.
1) Auto Levels.
2) Auto Contrast.
4) Burn Tool(50%), Range: Shadows, on background.
5) Dodge Tool(50%), Range: Shadows, on monkeys.
6) Desaturation to monochrome.
Step 4 & 5 are used instead of Curves is because I can more precisely dictate the degree of contrast on areas. Furthermore using of Curves affects whole picture, so it would make the monkeys underexposed if I want to darken the back.
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
flip89 (3400) 2003-12-19 15:54
Cool! This is beautiful. First of all, I love the B & W treatment and the successful post processing and tips that you enumerated in your notes. You isolated your subjects quite well. 2nd, the subject matter is very interesting, very humanistic. 3rd, you captured a very tender moment between the two - very universal - and thus very appealing.
lemon_logix (1054) 2003-12-19 23:23
Very good framing and good use of black white here.
Motrem (2392) 2003-12-20 5:56
It's all one work! Beautiful domestic scene, the composition is good and the B&W is a good choice, the gradations of grey are returned well. Good shot!
C'est tout un travail! Belle scène familiale, la composition est bonne et le N&B est un bon choix, les dégradés de gris sont bien rendus. Bien fait.
- Copyright: Louis Teo (acrylonithrill) (368)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2003-12-15
- Categories: Humorous, Nature
- Camera: Olympus C-5050Z, 1.45× Tele Conversn, Compact Flash Card
- Exposure: f/3.2, 1/160 seconds
- Photo Version: Original Version, Workshop
- Travelogue: Singapore Zoological Gardens
- Theme(s): Mother and Child, Tender moments ..., Wildlife, Animal, Miscellaneous MM [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2003-12-19 15:33
- Favorites: 1 [view]