Chinese New Year celebration, in Singapore, is something to attend to, at least once in a life time.
This was my second time, the first was in Penang, Malaysia.
This Singapore event had all sorts of dances and acrobatic numbers.
The photography was challenging due to the low light and fast movements.
Without a fast lens, my best option was to increase ISO but stay under 800 to keep acceptable noise under control. Shutter speed was kept around 1/125th sec. to avoid motion blur.
This is where Digital has an edge over film. Flexibility to capture scenes in challenging light.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Michel Zuffellato (vizugonesailing) (338)
- Genre: People
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2008-02-14
- Categories: Festivals, Event, Decisive Moment
- Camera: nikonD80, 18-200 1:3.5-5.6 DX VR
- Exposure: f/5.6, 1/125 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2010-05-13 5:16