Sunset over the Lake Baikal seen from the island of Olkhon. The day we arrived on the island I wanted to take pictures from the sunset as we were unsure whether the weather conditions will remain as perfect as upon our arrival. The temperatures were high with only a little bit of wind and the light during the day was incredibly bright (i assume because of the strong reflection by the enormous lake). At sunset the light turned into a kind of violet-blue and unfortunately some coulds on the horizon blocked the view in the end. Nevertheless it was a nice view..
Critiques | Translate
avista (0) 2007-02-20 5:10
Nice sunset nice place
ohe (2334) 2007-02-20 5:23
Very nice composition.
Colors are really nice. I like the reflection of the sun on the water that illuminates the boat.
Thanks for sharing,
- Olivier -
sam224 (6215) 2007-02-20 8:19
An interesting sunset on the lake here. The setting sun is reflecting really well in the water and the boat crossing it is well captured while being hit by the light itself.
Good colours and point of view.
Thanks for sharing
kfreud (1231) 2007-02-20 10:48
sehr schönes Bild
jurek1951 (37040) 2007-07-19 22:19
Another excellent photo from you! Very nice composition with great lighting and colors!
- Copyright: Ulrike EG (Theana) (623)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2006-07-06
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Canon 350D (Rebel XT), Canon 18-55mm/3.5-5.6 EF-S
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: Siberian adventure
- Theme(s): Nature & Sunset, Sunrise and sunset, Magical sunset, Sunrise & Sunset, Transsiberian Railway Trip, about sunset !, Sunrise and sunset, Sunset from the world, Beautiful Sunset [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2007-02-20 4:46