Tsaritsyno museum and reserve (see on Wikimapia) in Moscow was founded in 1984 in the park of the same name.
The estate is known from the late 16th century.
In 1775, when the estate was bought by empress Catherine the Great, it received its present name, which means “Tsarina’s”.
The 18th-century architecture ensemble was built (though not finished) following the order of Catherine II in pseudo-Gothic style, after projects of the Bazhenov and Kazakov, and it is the only 18th-century architectural ensemble of such dimensions in Russia.
Recently most buildings have been "completed": rooftops, interiors and decorations have been added and their historical appearance has been altered. A number of buildings house the Russian museum of folk and applied art. The atrium of the “Bread House” (in the middle) is used for concerts of Moscow musicians. The palace on the right is called the Big Palace.
This is a panorama of 24 shots, slightly cropped and resized to fit TE standards.
* large version
* Through the Looking-Glass (another shot of mine from the same park)
Critiques | Translate
fanni (14381) 2011-09-18 13:15
very impressive panorama!
раз можно по-русски, буду по-русски :)
Отличная панорама, с настроением!
24 снимка - это много! но зато сразу все видно.
Даже не знаю, лучше ли было бы с синим небом и ярким солнцем (возможно, для насыщенности цвета дворца).
Надо бы и мне как-нить туда наведаться... :)
Чем-то это напоминает Петровский Путевой дворец.
all the best!
- Copyright: Ilgiz Galeev (ilghiz) (708)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2011-08-14
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Canon Powershot Sx20 IS
- Exposure: f/5.0, 1/50 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version, Workshop
- Date Submitted: 2011-09-18 12:12