“We’re neither stokers nor are carpenters we
But we never bitterly regret
But we are ironworker-spidermen, yeah
And from above we say privet!”
Privet is Hello in Russian
“Не кочегары мы, не плотники,
И сожалений горьких нет (как нет!)
А мы монтажники-высотники (да)
И с высоты вам шлем привет!
This is a nearly word-for-word translation of a popular Soviet song about builders who work at the top of high buildings. I was amused to learn, that these people are called spidermen in English.
If you’d like, you may find the lyrics in Russian and download the song from www.sovmusic.ru
Taken with an amateur Canon Power Shot A430 and then cropped and resized. No color corrections or any other adjustments. I was attracted by the lacework of the construction (and I always am). After cropping i noticed that the cylindrical building looks higher than it really is cuz the ground is invisible. It also contrasts the lacework by its shape and completeness.
I’m wondering if this shot needs adjustment in terms of light/colour etc. The compo’s ok, I think :) The banner in the corner spoils the shot a bit, I think :( I won’t be able to re-take this shot, cuz the construction is over.
* Avtogradbank is the cylindrical building. Shot taken from nearest crossing on the east (your right). The two laceworks are a few meters to the west (your left)
* Street view on maps.ayndex.ru
Critiques | Translate
serp2000 (45610) 2010-12-12 21:20
я просто обязан это оценить.))интересный текст и хорошая урбанистическая композиция. Концептуально.
Хороший графизм. МНОГО скидки, однако)))
xinzhou06 (41) 2011-08-05 20:33
I like the color tone of this photo. It would be even better if the bottom of the photo could be cropped a bit more.
- Copyright: Ilgiz Galeev (ilghiz) (708)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2008-10-02
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Canon PowerShot A430
- Exposure: f/5.8, 1/400 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Naberezhnie Chelny [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2010-11-28 12:39