A street light post on the Troitsky bridge in the form of a granite obelisk topped with two-headed Imperial eagle. The light fixtures are made in the shape of rostras (ships’ prows).
The Trinity (Troitsky) Bridge was opened in 1903 as part of the celebrations of St. Petersburg's 200th anniversary. It was the third permanent bridge to be laid across the Neva River.
Measuring 582 meters, it is the second longest bridge in the city, one of the busiest, and also one of the most beautiful thanks to its spectacularly ornate Art Nouveau design.
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
Noel_Byrne (29235) 2013-03-19 8:46
What an unusual arrangement of designs to incorporate into a light. Is there any connection between an obelisk and the two headed eagle? Some architect really had a vision to put all these pieces together :)
Gives for a very nice final piece though, and what a monument to have as a light.
All the best
fabbs99 (17129) 2013-03-19 18:56
Great shot.Sharpness and clarity are perfect.Impressive image with nice warm colors.Very well done.TFS.