Transfiguration Cathedral is an Eastern Orthodox cathedral belonging to the Diocese of St. Petersburg. It is located on Transfiguration Square just off Liteyny Prospekt near the Chernyshevskaya metro station. Unlike most Russian places of worship, this monument has never been closed for worship. As of nowadays as this temple was built in 1825-1829 by architect V.Stasov. From 1832-1833 under Stasov's direction a fence was built around the cathedral commemorating the victory in the Russo-Turkish War of 1828-1829, the basis of which was formed by the barrels of Turkish cannons taken from Turkish fortresses.
Nobody has marked this note useful