Princes Yusupovs were the richest family in Imperial Russia; they were significantly richer than ruling Romanov Family.
They were quite parasitic Family, no real bright personalities and people serving their country were among them; just a rich people enjoying themselves.
Last Yusupov, Felix, was the one who killed Rasputin, and by this act he got international fame.
Anyway, here are the Red Room of Yusupovs Palace in St-Petersburg - palace in which Rasputin was killed.
Palace is richly decorated - to the degree of complete tastelessness, but it's quite a sight anyway, this house.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Uhu Owl (Uhu) (8411)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2009-06-21
- Categories: Architecture
- Exposure: f/2.8, 1/8 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): My favorities of Russia [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2009-06-28 9:26