Lutheran Church of St. George located on a hill in the village Kolbino about 15 km east of Petersburg. Koltushskoe hills is the place of residence of Ingrian Finns, religious belonging to the Lutheran faith. The church building was built in 1992 by Finnish architect P.Kyarhinen in modern style.
Critiques | Translate
marabu61 (8583) 2013-10-12 6:04
A rather unusual design for a russian church I reckon, but then of corse it isn't an orthodox church but a lutheran one. Belonging to the minority of ingrian finns may have a say in this too?
As my wife is from Finland, her family origines from the area around lake Ladoga in today's Russia, I have some little knowledge about these people.
have a great weekend
- Copyright: Vitaly Bichayev (Vitaly) (1021)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-10-05
- Categories: Daily Life, Nature, Architecture
- Camera: Panasonic DMC-FZ18
- Exposure: f/5.6, 1/400 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version, Workshop
- Date Submitted: 2013-10-11 10:14