This photo was taken in Sergiev Posad city, which is less than 2 hours by car from Moscow.
This pond is called Kelarsky because of the monastery nearby. "Kelar" is a Russian word for a monk who was responsible for food supplies in the monastery.
That is my 3rd visit in this city, and honestly speaking the swans are sleeping all the time! I wanted to take the classical postcard looking photo (nice buildings, white swans proudly swimming etc) but in fact I've never seen them awakened:)
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Masha Alekseeva (Anzy) (16)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2010-05-28
- Categories: Daily Life, Architecture
- Camera: Nikon D700, Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G AF-S VR Micro
- Exposure: f/7.1, 1/320 seconds
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2010-09-08 12:31