Embassy of Croatia is located at Korobeynikov* side-street, 16, Moscow. Two minutes' walk to the Moscow river, about 7 minutes' walk to the temple of Christ the Saviour, i.e. at the heart of Moscow. Quite near there's Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) embassy which I took for Irish embassy first)
I want to take another shot of this view but when it snows heavily. I'm working quite near here, just a few meters down the street.
* Коробейник [ko-ro-BEY-nik] means “ambulant merchant”. The side street was named after the landlords (some Korobeynikovs’ family) who owned the houses in the neighbourhood centuries ago. At the end of the 18th century the side-street was given the name of Ushakov (no, not the famous Russian admiral but a military, too) who took over the ownership. So there appeared the 1st Ushakov Side-Street, the 2nd Ushakov Side-Street and the 3rd Ushakov Side-Street. In 1922 the Soviet govt gave the side-street back its old name to eliminated street-names with numbers. Still, there are quite a lot of streets in Moscow with such names.
See a streetview on maps.yandex.ru
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
dale54 (6553) 2011-12-18 12:18
very nice work!hi ilgiz,this is so simple,yet so wonderfull & beautifull!with all that texture nice! have a great day! dr
auldal (1372) 2011-12-19 2:36
That sign looks so new and vibrant, though I'm fairly sure it is not. Great colours and textures.
Bluejeans (64247) 2011-12-20 5:21
Ola Ilgiz ,
Interessante composição com esta parede de tijolos vermelha iluminada , gostei do efeito criado nas letras ,parabéns!!
Um abraço Gonçalo
- Copyright: Ilgiz Galeev (ilghiz) (708)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2011-11-02
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Canon Powershot Sx20 IS
- Exposure: f/4.5, 1/8 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Map: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2011-12-18 5:46