Approaching the island of Hilantagaan in a banca. Surrounding the island are the best preserved coral reefs in the vicinity of Bantayan island. It was my 30th birthday and I used a great part of the day snorkelling around in these waters. Later we visited the grandparents of the fisherman sailing us and grilled some squids for lunch there.
There's around 1000 inhabitants in the island - the vast majority are fishermen. There's a small school, church and basketball court in the island and that's about it. There's absolutely nothing to do there - except relax. And so I did.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Henrik Kloppenborg (kloppenborg) (975)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2008-08-01
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Canon 450D (Digital Rebel XSi), Canon 17-55mm 2.8 IS USM
- Exposure: f/5.0, 1/100 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2009-10-02 9:08