Peshawar Old City:
In the eastern part overlooking the city is the Ghor Khatri which was in the past a place of Buddist pilgrimage, where a Hindu temple was constructed later on. Princess Jehan Ara Begum, daughter of Shah Jehan built a Seri together with two wells a Jamia Masjid and a Hammam. This entire complex was known as Serai Jahanabad.
Perhaps the most interesting feature of Ghor Khatri are the two fire engines of London Merry-weather Company (1919 and 1921 models) that are parked in the old fire station garages.
- Copyright: Umar Marwat (islamabad) (102)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2003-01-14
- Categories: Transportation
- Camera: Canon PowerShot S30
- Exposure: f/2.8, 1/60 seconds
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Interesting Transportation [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2004-02-17 9:13