Another photograph of Shalimar Garden, Lahore.
The Shalimar Garden was built by Shah Jahan in 1642 as a pleasure garden for the royal household. It is a walled garden, with three terraces of straight, shaded walks, geometrically arranged ponds, fountains and marble pavilions surrounded by flowers and fruit trees.
Critiques | Translate
someguy (757) 2004-11-03 17:16
Great composition (I love the perspective of the reflecting pools stretching away in the photo.) The only critique I have is that the colors seem a tad dull (though I'm sure it's a fact of the light available at the time.) Maybe try bumping up the saturation a few points?
- Copyright: Umar Marwat (islamabad) (102)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2003-02-09
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Canon PowerShot S30
- Exposure: f/3.5, 1/1000 seconds
- Photo Version: Original Version, Workshop
- Theme(s): Travels [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2004-11-03 17:08