Gyachung Kang (7952m) and the confluence of the Ngozumpa Glacier (the longest glacier in Nepal. In the Khumbu Himal, Eastern Nepal.
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
BobTrips (1857) 2003-10-14 11:44
I think there's more in this image than I'm seeing on the monitor (could be my monitor).
Try running a burn tool over the whitest areas, there's more detail there. Run a dodge tool over the dark, there's additional detail hiding there.
Then select and brighten the sky, do a bit of Gaussian blurring to smooth it out.
There's just a lot of good textures here and could be even more.
greg (2835) 2003-10-14 12:32
I like the strong contrasts here. If there is more detail, I would suggest only sharpening to bring it out.
pascalbene (1717) 2003-12-30 11:46
I'm not sure the bottom of this beautiful pic is necessary. (1/3 less). On the other hand, it's interesting to see the "moon matter" of the mountain. Thank you.
- Copyright: Richard SG (escher1) (1268)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2003-03-06
- Camera: Canon EOS 300, Canon EF 28-80mm, Fuji Velvia, UV
- Photo Version: Original Version, Workshop
- Travelogue: Climbing the Nameless Fangs
- Theme(s): Himalayan Peaks, The trek to the foot of Everest [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2003-10-14 7:35