As I was climbing the Nameless Fangs, the massive black pyramid of Mount Everest began to appear above the peaks that were between me and it. You can see it here in the middle of the picture with the summit, South summit and North-east ridge being visible. As I climbed higher very thick cloud came in and so this was the only view I had that day of the roof of the world.
Critiques | Translate
amen (590) 2003-11-07 11:10
Very nice picture , i´m sure that you "freeze" image very well, and you??????
desman (2220) 2004-04-29 8:07
il n'y a pas de notion d'echelle sur cette photo, et j'aime ça.
rutti (249) 2005-06-28 18:32
Very nice shot, I can't believe that with 1048 views you've gotten only 4 points, that's impossible!?! However I like the composition and the small white clouds make it look like a volcanoe.
rajhema (1871) 2005-11-21 6:32
remarkable journey escher1. I read your travelogue and viewed these 10 pictures attached. Such a breathtaking displays.
Hoos (134) 2006-02-13 20:40
I see all your photos, everyone are exc but this one called my attention! You are really making a great job!!! Keep taking that kind of perfect photos
- Copyright: Richard SG (escher1) (1268)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2003-03-06
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Canon EOS 300, Fuji Velvia
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: Climbing the Nameless Fangs
- Theme(s): Magic places, Echelle, Himalayan Peaks, The trek to the foot of Everest, Eight Thousanders - 8000m & Above [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2003-11-07 10:11
- Favorites: 1 [view]