Nagarkot is a village located about 25 miles east of Kathmandu, Nepal. It is located on the northeastern rim of the Kathmandu Valley at an elevation close to 6,800 feet above sea level. It is one of the most scenic spots in the region, renowned for its sunrise and sunset views of the Himalayas. On a clear day, you can see Mount Everest with its snow-capped peaks from the observation tower at the top of the village’s hills.
Nagarkot, historically, used to serve as the summer retreat for the royal family and many other aristocrats from Kathmandu. While the town offers great views of the mountains, there are few monasteries or temples.
In firefox right click the image en choose 'view image' to see the original size.
- Copyright: gee hoo (geehoo) (634)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-05-24
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Nikon D7000, Nikon AF-S DX 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 VRII, B+W 72mm UV filter
- Exposure: f/11, 1/160 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Map: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2013-07-19 1:08