The giant sitting Buddha in the grounds of the Shwesandaw Pagoda, Pyay faces west. The pagoda is said to contain a couple of the Buddha's hairs, as its name means Golden Hair Relic. It is one meter taller in height than Shwedagon Pagoda in Yangon.
As the sun goes down the sequins on the Buddhas robe become diamonds, one-by-one. People tell the time of day by the diamonds.
Critiques | Translate
siudzi (34141) 2014-05-17 3:22
Spectacular statue's presentation this! You have selected a great moment with a special lighting reflected in the monument to build that beautiful composition. Smartly taken! TFS!
Have a nice weekend!
siolaw (38294) 2014-07-20 9:04
A great and huge statue with perfect sharpness and pleasant soft light and colours. Nice "diamond" caught there!
It was really hot when I was in Pyay and we left without going to that pagoda... (BTW Pyay is in Bago region, as it is called now...)
- Copyright: Elaine springford (everlasting) (15510)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2014-01-12
- Categories: Artwork
- Camera: Nikon D7100, AF-S DX VR Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED, Digital RAW
- Exposure: f/32, 1/125 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Statues [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2014-05-17 2:04