An evening event in the center of Ulaanbaatar during the fall festival for the Mongolian Harvest. The show consisted of dancers, musicians, horse back riding and singing.
The event held in central Ulaanbaatar draws large numbers of tourists and many locals to watch and encourage their performers.
If you have a chance to visit Mongolia, spend a day and view the local festival and participate in Mongolian culture.
Critiques | Translate
worldcitizen (6025) 2008-10-05 10:08
Very nice capture of this beautiful woman. I like her costume and the position of her hands as she dances. I have added your photo to my theme of Traditional Asian Dress. :-)
MLINES (12516) 2008-12-20 22:17
Hi James, A fine composition of this colourful dancer. The cropping and clarity are excellent. Beautiful result. TFS. Murray.
- Copyright: James Peever (Greenthumb) (101)
- Genre: People
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2008-09-10
- Categories: Festivals
- Camera: Cannon EOS 400D Rebel XTi, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM
- Exposure: f/4, 1/125 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: My Top to Bottom World Wide trip
- Theme(s): Traditional Asian Dress [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2008-10-05 9:07