On Merdeka Square, Sultan Abdul Samad Building, it was to be the largest building constructed entirely of brick and what appears to be cream stone is actually plaster covered brick.
If you are visiting National History Museum, Kuala Lumpur Gallery or Merdeka Square you will not miss this historical landmark of Malaysia. It is located in front of Merdeka Square and Royal Selangor Club.
Designed by A.C. Norman, the construction started in 1894 and was completed in 1897. Its architecture was built using Moorish architecture which makes it stand up among all the other buildings in the vicinity. This building is named after Sultan of Selangor who reigned from 1857 to 1898.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Laetitia Buczaczer (phoolan) (349)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2011-06-21
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Olympus E-420, Zuiko Digital 14-42mm f3.5-5.6
- Exposure: f/8, 1/250 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Malaysian Hit List [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2011-07-28 1:57
- Favorites: 1 [view]