This was shot in Fort Cornwallis in Georgetown, a UNESCO World Heritage site. This is a window from a small bunker which was previously been used for gunpowder storage.
Captain Sir Francis Light took possession of the island from the Sultan of Kedah in 1786 and built the original fort. It was a nibong stockade with no permanent structures, covering an area of 417.6 square feet. The fort's purpose was to protect Penang from pirates and Kedah.
Fort Cornwallis is the largest standing fort in Malaysia.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Eugene Fu (eugenefu) (405)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2012-08-20
- Categories: Ruins
- Camera: Pentax K-r, Pentax SMC DAL f/3.5 - 5.6 18-55mm AL
- Exposure: f/8, 1/90 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Penang, Pearl Of The Orient [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2012-10-18 18:35