Peranakan Chinese or Baba-Nyonya are terms used for the descendants of late 15th and 16th-century Chinese immigrants to the Indonesian archipelago of Nusantara during the Colonial era as well as to other parts of Malaysia particularly Melaka.
These row of houses which belongs to the descendants of Baba Nyonya are located at Heeren Street, Melaka.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Eugene Fu (eugenefu) (522)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2011-11-07
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Pentax K-r, Pentax SMC DAL f/3.5 - 5.6 18-55mm AL
- Exposure: f/3.5, 1/3000 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Melaka, the historical city of Malaysia [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2011-11-09 2:39