The photo was taken at Sri Maha Mariamman Temple,Pudu,KL,Malaysia.
Ganesha is one of the best-known and most worshipped deities in Hinduism. Although he is known by many attributes, Ganesha's elephant head makes him easy to identify. Ganesha is widely worshipped as the Remover of Obstacles, and more generally as Lord of beginnings and the Lord of obstacles (Vighnesha), patron of arts and sciences, and the god of intellect and wisdom. He is honoured with affection at the start of any ritual or ceremony and invoked as the "Patron of Letters" at the beginning of any writing. Several texts relate mythological anecdotes associated with his birth and exploits and explain his distinct iconography.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: sonafish hack (sonafish) (126)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2007-10-15
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Nikon D 80, Nikkor 18-200mm 3.5-5.6 G ED AF-S VR
- Exposure: f/2.8, 1/320 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Ganesh good God - गणेश- [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2007-10-19 10:35