Third submission on my TE profile.
Okay! I really need help on post-processing in this picture!
The original was with color but it was too 'cool' in white balance so the result would be, 100% blue with no other colors.
So I'd turned on my Photoshop and convert this to black and white then do some warming filters, add some saturation using Sponge Tool, add sharpness *which I think it was a bad idea 'cause maybe I did it too much*, dodging, and do the vignette.
Please, I need your tips guys..
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
Vato_Law (12720) 2010-10-11 17:05
First of all welcome to TE!
Regarding your appeal to tips here goes the first one:
- TE allows picture with size 800 x 600 pixels
- 2nd one if you want to protect your photos which I totally agree as its your work, do it in a way it doesn't spoil it as here your signature distracts the look and is so easy to get rid of - just a bit of a burn tool on photoshop would be enough...
About the photo itself:
- shoot in RAW it's always easier to post process (when needed)
- always try to get an original as good as you can the post processing works will always be easier and lighter
- not knowing what is your target with the PP work and supposing that you want to get some dark areas with a bit more light, I would suggest you to make a 'selective work' and for this I would advise you to duplicate the background to a new layer improve the area you want and then erase the rest thru a mask.
I repeat that this is a tip based on no idea of what goal you intend to achieve with the PP work looking at yr image for me what is'worse' is the top right corner where the detail is lost as it's too dark.
As for the rest and looking at the result of your PP work it's quite nice and moody for my taste.
As for the issue you state about WB, don't know if the option is availabe on your ixus but I would advise you not to shoot with the automatic white balance under very contrasty conditions as it's very possible that the camera will get 'tricked' by the conditions and will select some 'artificial liight WB' giving you the precise result you were speaking on yr note.
Hope this long list (almost a shopping list :)) might have helped you in some way.
Best wishes and keep them coming!!!