This is a picture i took in the Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre. It was set up in 1964 to rehabilitate orphaned baby orang utan.
It is a lush jungle environment that supports wooden pontons for people to visit and watch some of the last remaining Orang utans evolve in the trees.
While imitating a the jungle it is still not exactly the great outdoors. but unfortunately this is one of the safer places for these noble creatures.
Oh and I do wish I had invested in a Zoom...
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Peter Maclean (PeterMaclean) (24)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2009-04-27
- Categories: Event
- Camera: cannon EOS 350D digital, Canon EF 18-55 mm, 58 mm Circ. Polarizer (Cokin)
- Exposure: f/5.6, 1/80 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2009-11-30 0:24