The ethnic Kadazandusun men wear headresses or "siga". They wear this for ceremonial purposes such as when celebrating their Harvest Festival.
The material is cotton, from a "fruit" called Kapok. The dyes also comes from plants.
Reposted image: As suggested by gerbil, images on the right was cropped out.
Critiques | Translate
carper (96) 2004-03-24 1:09
This one is much nicer Rabani,
Good cropping, good composition, nice depth now,and the colours are wonderful, you did a good job here, well done, Rabani
joseelias (0) 2004-04-13 14:35
This image really improved with the crop because the distractive elements were eliminated. Besides that very nice colors and details. The traditional clothes are interesting and beautiful.
- Copyright: Rabani HMA (rabani) (9645)
- Genre: People
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2003-05-31
- Categories: Festivals
- Camera: Fuji Finepix S602Z
- Exposure: f/2.8, 1/220 seconds
- Photo Version: Final Version, Original Version
- Theme(s): TE Trieste exhibition: “Viaggiando Immaginando” [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2004-03-23 18:59