Another high contrast pic of a child street vendor in Laos. This is actually the brother of the Sales Lady in Laos, they were both manning the same shop.
To see the other pic click on: A Sales Lady in Laos
The reason I chose to use high contrast is because:
- the originals were taken on a cloudy day and I didn't like the flat exposure
- I found the dirt on their faces distracting
- lastly, I've always liked high contrast b/w's and I wanted to try it myself
post-pro: converted to b/w, cropping, curves to increase contrast, noise
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
dsidwell (9771) 2003-12-16 1:49
Grainy and contrasty, and downright engaging and interesting! You make these things that are so often "flaws" into tools that help establish mood and personality and context.
clodreno (0) 2003-12-16 3:21
Nice picture. I like it a lot. I like the grain and contrast in this shot.
- Copyright: alex felipe (RandomCameraGuy) (3069)
- Genre: People
- Medium: Black & White
- Date Taken: 2003-02-13
- Categories: Daily Life
- Camera: Panasonic Lumix DMC-LC20, 35-105mm, Digital
- Exposure: f/2.8, 1/42 seconds
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2003-12-15 20:46