This mural is on the front side of an apartment building in Uralsk, Kazakhstan.
Many buildings built in the soviet era have examples of socialist realism.
The dimensions would be 4-5 meters by 2-3 meters.
This represented the ideal soviet family.
I think they are kind of cool, but I think that to the kazaks they might be reminders of oppression.
Seems like most of the icons of that era have been replaced by kazak nationalistic ideas, which is probably the natural progression of things anyway...
- Copyright: Ben Charles (BCharles) (56)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2004-06-00
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Sony Cybershot DSC-S75
- Map: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Soviet Propoganda [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2006-06-30 14:57