I spotted these Buddha statues or Ojizousan in the grounds of the Engakuji Temple in Kamakura.
I set the aperture to F/2.5 to get just the second statue in clear focus. I couldn't see exacly how deep the DOF was while pressing the preview button so I bracketted, with one at F/1.4 but the DOF was to shallow, and another at F/4.0 which was too deep.
For the black and white I ran the Fred Miranda Digital Darkroom, "BW Workflow Pro" digital filter on the original in PhotoShop, with the below settings:
Preset Mode> Filter Selection > B&W + Blue Filter (Default Values)
Add Effects > None
Add Dynamic Range > Level 2
You can see the colour version here for comparison. I do like the colour version too. I think it has a different, maybe warmer quality to the B&W version here.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Martin Bailey (Bayleaf) (1484)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Black & White
- Date Taken: 2004-06-05
- Categories: Artwork
- Camera: Canon EOS 10D, EF 50mm f1.4 USB Ø58, JPEG ISO 100, FM BW Workflow Pro (PS Plugin)
- Exposure: f/2.5, 1/125 seconds
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2004-08-01 6:21