Saga prefecture is not one of Japanís greatest areas, as there is a not a lot going. An exception to this is the lovely coastal town of Karatsu. Karatsu is a Castle town that became heavily fortified to defend against the Mongol invasions. The castle is on an island surrounded by water, and has a massive defensive forest in grown in a crescent to disrupt Mongol cavalry. Saga is the flattest prefecture in Japan, but Karatsu has some lovely mountain top temples, and cascading waterfalls.
Critiques | Translate
MIG13 (0) 2006-10-26 22:30
Hi, Paul! Nice composition and great B&W resolution! Well done! TFS! Regards! Miguel.
Hellas (7003) 2007-03-15 8:12
I like very much this photo.
The building is the most important element.
Extra sharp and well exposed.
Thanks for sharing, Athanasios.
- Copyright: Paul Thomas (paulianthomas) (264)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Black & White
- Date Taken: 2005-01-12
- Categories: Transportation
- Camera: Fuji Finepix S5000
- Exposure: f/7.0, 1/90 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): B/W favours [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2006-10-26 16:44