Back from 20c. Korea.
Been to Toyota's birthplace yesterday.
In Japanese, "toyo" is "wealth" or "wealthy".
"Ta" means "rice paddy".
So, "Toyota" means "Wealthy paddy".
There is the "Sakichi Toyota Memorial House" in Kosai, 30 minutes from shinkansen Hamamatsu Stn.
There of course is a patch of rice paddy in front of Founder Toyota's birthplace.
See Honda, Yamaha and Suzuki too.
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
Klapaucius (627) 2006-08-14 8:34
That is a big open area. Is all that rice farmed by Toyota, or is it just a coincidence that it is there?
It is funny to see so many cables running over a big area of green nature (even if the rice is planted, and not growing naturally).
Welcome back from Korea. ^_^
- Copyright: Keiichiro Koyama (Koyama) (609)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2006-08-13
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Nikon D 70, AF-S Nikkor 18-70mm
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Rice is Life /3/, Rice Paddies and their surroundings [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2006-08-14 5:12