This is a special-designated "scenic" spot called oyama-senmaida with 375 terraced rice paddies. Here somebody is tending these ancient fields by weed-whacking with a modern gasoline-powered tool.
Critiques | Translate
Klapaucius (627) 2006-07-28 15:07
Cool photo. A lot of green which is very attractive, and this speck of blue in there too.
Composition is good, and it is well framed. Despite all the green there is a good range of shades, which adds texture to the image.
The image could be bigger. This might be better, as right now it is difficult to see the person clearly. They are very small in the image.
Some un-sharpening might be good, too. The image is very sharp, but because of all the grass this makes it confusing on my eyes.
Good work. Keep it up!
- Copyright: Mike Chachich (mdchachi) (1617)
- Genre: People
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2006-06-07
- Camera: Canon EOS350D/Digital Rebel XT, ISO 400
- Exposure: f/10.0, 1/800 seconds
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: Japan 2006
- Theme(s): Rice is Life /3/ [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2006-07-27 5:53