This place is called Oyama-senmaida and is one of Chiba Prefecture's scenic sightseeing spots. It bills itself as "the closest terraced rice paddy to Tokyo." It consists of 375 paddies in a variety of sizes and apparently it has made the top 100 list of Japan's "Most Beautiful Rice Paddies." Really.
It is indeed scenic but it is somewhat difficult to take an interesting picture of it in mid-day light. But I tried.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Mike Chachich (mdchachi) (1617)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2006-06-07
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Canon EOS350D/Digital Rebel XT, Canon EF 28-80mm f/3.5-5.6 V USM, ISO 400
- Exposure: f/11, 1/800 seconds
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: Japan 2006
- Theme(s): Rice Fields "IV", Rice is Life /3/ [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2006-07-26 20:25