I spent two days looking for maikos in the streets of Gion in Kyoto in May 2005. They move very quickly on their way to their appointments and are quite a challenge to capture. Here is one I particularly like. Note the bunny purse accessory in her arms.
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
MIG13 (0) 2005-12-09 22:39
Cheers, Christopher, you got it! I gave up after two days walking around in Gion... Miguel.
mamcg (5877) 2005-12-10 0:04
Quite a challenge to capture, here is one I particularly like this frame and compo..
kinginexile (2598) 2005-12-10 0:15
Great capture, Chris, a fascinating image as much for the photography as the subject.
- Copyright: Christopher Hays (artomic) (25)
- Genre: People
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2005-05-25
- Categories: Daily Life
- Camera: Canon Digital Rebel 300D, Tamron 28 - 75 XR DI
- Exposure: f/1.4, 1/125 seconds
- Map: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Geisha and Maiko [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2005-12-09 22:32
- Favorites: 1 [view]