A Japanese Wedding Procession at Meijijinguu (Shrine) in Harajuku, Tokyo. I was with Adam while he was in Tokyo on a business trip on this day.
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
Dinyar (704) 2003-12-28 3:26
I have a similar picture too. I havent posted yet. Looks like you beat me by 2 years. :-)
The picture captures the peaceful and solemn feel of the ceremony.
I think the priests clothes are over exposed a bit. But I guess its natural with a bright sun shining on a clear day and a completely white robe.
The ceremondy is compleltly unlike the ceremoney in India, where there would be a band playing in the front, with friends and family dancing in the streets as the BrideGroom heads off to the wedding ceremony on a horse.
When I am back in India for a wedding, I will take a picture and put it up.
- Copyright: Martin Bailey (Bayleaf) (1484)
- Genre: People
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2001-10-14
- Categories: Ceremony
- Camera: Canon PowerShot S10, JPEG (Auto)
- Exposure: f/5.6, 1/500 seconds
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Kimono, Weddings, Marriages, Brides- Grooms- Mariés [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2003-01-17 22:43