November is called "Kami Nashi Duki" ie. "The month without Gods" in old Japan.
This means gods from all over Japan meet in Izumo during this month.
So same November is called "Kami Ari Duki" "The month with the Gods" in Izumo.
This building is the guest shrine for the visiting gods.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Keiichiro Koyama (Koyama) (607)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-05-12
- Categories: Ceremony
- Camera: iPhone 5
- Exposure: f/2.4, 1/133 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Izumo Taisha [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2013-05-31 8:27