This is a view around dusk from the Shinei Hill in Biei. This spot is famous for its 360 degree views of the Biei area. I was here hoping for a sunset most evening during my trip to Hokkaido, but it didn't happen this evening either. However, I did like the "Big Sky" feel of this shot and the bunch of trees bottom right, so I thought I'd upload it here. The pale blue dots in the centre at the bottom are plastic covered bales of hey.
Critiques | Translate
PauloAJPires (294) 2003-09-09 10:22
The Picture is beautiful
The Angle is perfect, the light also, the shadow doesn't harm...
I only find that could try to cut only the sky...What does seem you?
channeled (412) 2003-09-09 19:09
Absolutely stunning! Beautiful capture!!!
jlz (341) 2003-09-10 7:25
I love this sky, so beautiful! very well done
appie (8) 2003-12-03 8:29
Hey, great scenery!
Great pic, too!
Jeppe (18654) 2004-03-19 3:36
Very fine sky and great capture - you surely was on the rigth place at the rigth moment - good job - congratulation Martin.
- Copyright: Martin Bailey (Bayleaf) (1478)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2003-08-10
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Canon EOS 10D, 17-35mm F/2.8L Ø77, ISO 100 RAW
- Exposure: f/16, 1/20 seconds
- Details: Tripod: Yes
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: Hokkaido - August '03
- Theme(s): Sunrises & Sunsets, My favorite photos (13) (Gatti Matti) [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2003-09-09 10:00
- Favorites: 1 [view]