This guy is carrying a heavy omikoshi (shrine) with many other people in the Torigoe Festival. See my previous post for a wider view of a similar scene.
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
sita4ram (814) 2003-09-06 2:58
this shot has great potential, but its too tightly cropped. so it makes it a good shot with unfortunate composition.
is it the original or is the original bigger?
if so I would recomment a different cropping. leave some more on the left and bottom. just so the eye will be able to try and look at what he is looking at.
philip_coggan (11) 2003-09-06 3:53
He's saying, "Get yer ear outta my eye!" :-)
BobTrips (1857) 2003-09-06 21:50
I think a stronger crop is called for. I'm distracted by the unidentifiable 'stuff' at the right.
I posted a Workshop to let you see my idea. I also darkened the headband writing and brought down the brightness of the shot to make it a bit 'heavier'.
- Copyright: Mike Chachich (mdchachi) (1617)
- Genre: People
- Medium: Black & White
- Date Taken: 1998-06-06
- Categories: Festivals
- Camera: Canon EOS 5, Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 IS
- Details: (Fill) Flash: Yes
- Photo Version: Original Version, Workshop
- Theme(s): Omatsuri, Don't Rain on My Parade, My Favorite Shots [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2003-09-05 22:42