The second of three shots from this spot, Shikisai No Oka (Hill of Seasonal Colour) Farm in Hokkaido. If you take a look at the first photo you'll see that there was a thick blanket of heavy clouds behind me. Although effective in themselves, I was pleased to get a shot with some blue sky in it too.
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
thien (2112) 2003-09-03 22:16
Excellent exposure in an extreme contrast scene. Those damned trees blocking what must be a stunning cloud patterns.
mdchachi (1617) 2003-09-05 9:54
I wasn't there obviously but it seems to me that the field appears darker in the photo than it must have appeared in real life judging by the direct sunlight on the field. Same with the trees which appear too dark. If you used auto levels or auto contrast that might explain it.
- Copyright: Martin Bailey (Bayleaf) (1478)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2003-08-10
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Canon EOS 10D, 17-35mm F/2.8L Ø77, JPEG ISO 100, Circular Polarizer
- Exposure: f/13.0, 1/80 seconds
- Details: Tripod: Yes
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: Hokkaido - August '03
- Theme(s): Flowers [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2003-09-03 7:06
- Favorites: 1 [view]