In memory of the victims of the recent earthquake and subsequent tsunami that hit Japan.
The group of 260 tiny islands called Matsushima is a highly regarded tourist destination situated immediately north of Sendai, very close to the epicenter of the earthquake that hit Japan yesterday. It is difficult to imagine the devastation and tremendous loss of life that this area just witnessed.
The title stems form a haiku attributed to Matsuo Bashō that reflects the beauty of the place.
Critiques | Translate
ibahadir (298) 2011-03-11 19:08
I like the landscape with this nice framing. Nice idea. Sharpness is also very good. Well done!
maloutim (9637) 2011-03-12 10:58
Good evening Roland,
Hopefully, this beautiful place hasn't suffered.
Our hearts go to the victims of this awful catastrophe.
Thank you for your kind thoughts .
giorgimer (34866) 2011-03-13 11:44
Hi, I join your tribute to unlucky japanese friends
- Copyright: Roland Roesler (Roly) (2024)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2005-09-14
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Canon EOS 20D, Canon 17-40/4L USM, Rodenstock UV E 77mm
- Exposure: f/7.1, 1/125 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): 11-03-2011 Japan in mourning [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2011-03-11 16:21